Tuesday, June 05, 2007

See Who Salutes

Scary things coming out the jaw of the Hillary Machine:

Presidential hopeful Hillary Rodham Clinton outlined a broad economic vision Tuesday, saying it's time to replace an "on your own" society with one based on shared responsibility and prosperity.

“Fairness doesn’t just happen. It requires the right government policies.”

“It’s time to put the common good, the national interest, ahead of individuals.”


It all sounds very warm and fuzzy and "for the children," doesn't it...comrade? I was under the impression we fought the cold war for a reason, and here it sneaks right back up under the guise of quashing individuality for the sake of fairness.

This frightens me. It appeals to the lowest common denominator in human reason: jealously. This is the attitude that sound like, “If I can’t have a BMW, then the CEO of that fortune 500 company can’t either.” You can almost feel the gloating at someone else being brought down to their “proper” level.

I know this feeling well, since I used to share it. I was extremely bitter toward people who had more than me, made more than me, or did more than me. I wondered why they should get it so easily, why I should live in a crappy basement apartment and not afford food while they jetted around in nice cars.

To my credit, I never supported redistribution, since I realized that to many I was the wealthy one, and those people wanted my meager stuff redistributed to them as well. I got over the notion entirely when I joined the business world at full tilt, and gathered first-hand experience of the tremendous sacrifices of money, time, and life, that most CEOs shovel into their companies. They should be rewarded for that, and I’m glad they are. If there were no reward, why would anyone try?

Out of the goodness of their hearts? Right.

I recommend at this juncture, that everyone who hasn’t yet at least make a stab at reading “Atlas Shrugged.” It’s a big fat book, written by an atheist, but it paints a very compelling picture of a world under people like Hillery, who would grind up all the strong, innovative, productive individuals to fertilize the bed of mongoloid fairness.

Think about fairness for a second: if we all lived in small metal boxes of the same size, and were fed the same gruel in the same amount, and wore the same grey jumpsuits, worked at the same factory jobs for the same number of hours, and no one was allowed to do better than anyone else at anything, at least it would all be fair, right? We would all be equal, right?

People who advocate small steps toward that future scare the hell out of me.

Hat tip to Word Around the Net.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!