Friday, July 13, 2007

Number One

I have been often accused these days of “only looking out for number one.”

It’s a nice big brush to paint Republicans and conservatives with, just vague enough to not really mean anything, but emotionally pointed enough to prick up inflammation in people who feel like they need others to look out for them.

My response: I can only look out for you after I’ve looked out for myself. If I’m a victim I can’t protect you. If I’m destitute I cannot raise you up. I succeed so that I can help others to succeed.

All I expect it you to want to succeed too, and be willing to work at it. I will not support those who refuse to support themselves. “Cannot” is one thing, “will not” is unacceptable.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!